#31 - Why YouTube Numbers Aren't Everything - The Reload Team
Episode 31 - These days, to earn good money from YouTube you need to have a big team around you or be very lucky! Using YouTube to earn income might not be the best idea for artists just starting out but it's a platform that can still really help you develop your audience. We discuss how a shift in the way an independent artist looks at Youtube can have a better payout.
Timings are estimates.
- 03:06 - Views doesn’t mean everything
- 04:06 - Creating opportunities in the music industry
- 05:31 - Don’t get caught up in the numbers
- 06:26 - Growth for growth sake is a losing proposition
- 08:36 - Do you need a budget for views
- 09:36 - Why are you growing your numbers?
- 10:44 - Connect with your followers
- 11:56 - Ask your fans what they want
- 13:01 - Build genuine relationships
- 14:22 - Do what is difficult, when it is easy
- 15:27 - Trimming the fat
- 16:46 - Blog: A New Way For Musicians To Look At YouTube
Listen to the interview
Below is one of our favourite podcasts from recent months. We think it's super insightful and can really help a new musician looking for tips or hoping to gain a new understanding of promotion, self-management and music business. Don't forget, you can watch these on the go via iTunes or Stitcher too.
You may also like...
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more