Episode 25 - The Pressures of Being A Manager - The Music Managers Forum
Managers come in different forms, it could be a close friend with little experience taking on the roll for an artist or it could a top-tier manager with years of experience under his/her belt - either way, the MMF supports both types of managers developing their knowledge and skills as music through formal courses and more focused workshops and seminars. Annabella joined us to talk about mental health in the industry, The Digital Dollar Report & much more, relevant to both managers and artists who want to keep an eye on how to be self-managed.
Timings are estimates
- 02:10 - Knowing four different languages.
- 04:08 - Why is there a lack of transparency in the music industry?
- 05:55 - Why do artists need to know information about what they’re getting?
- 07:40 - Streaming has become the saviour of the music industry.
- 07:50 - Stream ripping.
- 08:25 - The breakdown of The Digital Dollar Report.
- 11:30 - MMF’s top priorities.
- 13:40 - Personal Development Schemes.
- 16:10 - Affiliate Marketing for Managers.
- 18:18 - Managers who are family members.
- 19:40 - Amplify Seed Investment Fund.
- 22:25 - Mental health in the music industry.
- 26:16 - Advice for a manger and looking after themselves mentality.
- 27:54 - Pressures on being a manager.
- 28:30 - How to be a part of MMF.
- 31:40 - Failures in life.
- 33:36 - Advice given that helped in your career.
- 36:33 - What makes a successful artist?
- 38:48 - Guide to Digital Deals & Transparency Index and Calculator.
Listen to the interview
Below is one of our favourite podcasts from recent months. We think it's super insightful and can really help a new musician looking for tips or hoping to gain a new understanding of promotion, self-management and music business. Don't forget, you can watch these on the go via iTunes or Stitcher too.
You may also like...
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more