Episode 26 - Six Ways To Launch Your Music Career - The Reload Team
2017 - what a year for emerging talent! Records were broken by Ed Sheeran, charts showed new trends based on Spotify & Apple Music, Stormzy introduced new music to the mainstream sector and much more. It's a great time to be a new artist who is looking to put out fresh music. Earlier on in 2018 we put together an easy-to-read e-book based on trends we have noticed after filming with over 300+ artist. There were six of these trends and we wrote them down with the hope that you - the new generation of musicians - can learn some of the things that others only figured out after years of making music. Josh and Peppe had a chat about the 6 steps that are outlined in our e-book. In case you were wondering about the e-book, you can download it here. While it's downloading (it should be fast, it's 2017 guys) why not listen to our summary of the book below. Enjoy!
Timings are estimates.
- 02:20 - A free ebook that is helpful for a musician starting out
- 05:40 - 1st Chapter: Direction
- 07:00 - Ask the important question and reflect
- 08:00 - As a musician, “I want to…”
- 09:40 - 2nd Chapter: Content
- 10:10 - Free material is a great marketing tool
- 10:30 - Creating content with Andrew Rose
- 11:22 - Creating content with Dee Adams
- 11:35 - Songwriting tips with Georgia Train
- 13:00 - 3rd Chapter: Support
- 13:10 - Your network is your net worth
- 15:31 - 4th Chapter: Class
- 15:35 - “The Experience of You”
- 18:26 - 5th Chapter: DIY
- 20:14 - How To Edit and Record a Live Session
- 21:10 - 6th Chapter: Engage
- 21:48 - You need to start sharing your music
- 22:34 - “People want to give back to the artist.” An interview with JC Villafan
- 24:00 - 1000 True Fans
- 27:38 - Book: The Curve by Nicholas Lovelle
Listen to the interview
Below is one of our favourite podcasts from recent months. We think it's super insightful and can really help a new musician looking for tips or hoping to gain a new understanding of promotion, self-management and music business. Don't forget, you can watch these on the go via iTunes or Stitcher too.
You may also like...
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more