#35 - A Global Network For Women In The Music Industry - Andreea Magdalina
Episode 35 - In today’s interview, we managed to sit down with the founder of She Said So, Andreea Magdalina. She Said So is a global network of women who work in the music industry, there are events held in London, San Francisco, Dublin and even in Johannesburg. When we came across her organisation it was inspiring to see how it has gone global and how it has brought women around the world closer together. Each event is different and they cover a variety of topics. We all know that open discussions lead to change and Andreea is providing a safe place for women, and also men, to talk and change the music industry from within.
The following times are estimates.
- 03:09 - Moving to LA
- 04:09 - How LA has developed in the music industry
- 05:15 - SheSaid.So URL
- 05:53 - What is She Said So all about?
- 06:54 - The events are global
- 08:09 - What made you create She Said So
- 14:53 - Shout out - Katie McPhee
- 16:09 - Topics that are discussed and finding a solution
- 20:09 - Topics on mental health
- 23:39 - Topics on being a parent in the music industry
- 26:09 - Offering partnerships
- 28:47 - Logo design
- 30:22 - SheSaid.So Merchandise
- 33:22 - First experience of a She Said So event
- 34:59 - How can people get involved with She Said So?
- 38:14 - What needs to be done to reduce the gender gap in the music industry?
- 43:27 - Advice shared to Andreea
- 44:54 - Song recently shared
- 45:37 - What is a successful artist?
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more
Our aim is to create opportunities for independent artists to be seen and heard.
Sign up to our mailing list to stay up to date on all the latest news, tips and special offers to help you get noticed.