#36 - The Blindfold Project - Marie Naffah
Episode 36 - In today's interview we sit down with the lovely Marie Naffah. Marie is a singer-songwriter that we have worked with in the past on Reload Sessions. A few years ago, Marie started a project called The Blindfold Project, where she took 6 blind musicians and created a documentary about being blind in the music industry. In the interview we talk about what she learned from the project, how she was invited to speak at a Ted Talk and why there’s still a stigma with being blind in the music industry.
The following times are estimates.
- 00:49 - Who is Marie Naffah
- 03:00 - The Blindfold project
- 06:30 - Ted Talk
- 08:40 - Being rejected because of being visually repaired
- 09:45 - The feedback from the Ted Talk
- 10:40 - Step 4 & 5 of The Blindfold Project
- 12:20 - A different topic in the music industry to cover
- 13:20 - A stigma for being blind in the music industry
- 15:01 - How she reached out for help with the RNIB
- 17:25 - Studios turning blind people away
- 18:40 - Advice to take a project to the next level
- 21:35 - Things learnt after the project
- 23:40 - A community for the blind
- 25:00 - Balancing singer-songwriter career and ethical projects
- 26:00 - More information on Marie Naffah
- 27:00 - Songwriting techniques
- 28:22 - Great advice given
- 29:52 - Artist shared
- 30:37 - What is a successful artist
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more
Our aim is to create opportunities for independent artists to be seen and heard.
Sign up to our mailing list to stay up to date on all the latest news, tips and special offers to help you get noticed.