Episode 20 - Help Musicians UK
Episode 20 - We spoke with Help Musicians UK about how they offer support in various forms to musicians in the UK. We discussed their grants programmes, their recent campaign on mental health and why it's important to offer assistance to individuals working in the music industry. Help Musicians UK have offered assistance for nearly 100 years and have worked with musicians such as JP Cooper, The Staves and many more.
- 03:55 - What HMUK is all about.
- 04:25 - HMUK and Radio 1 national awareness.
- 05:01 - HMUK being a 96 year old charity.
- 05:53 - All the campaigns that HMUK run.
- 06:46 - Agenda 2021 - The internal strategy.
- 08:05 - Difference between their programmes with England, N. Ireland & Scotland.
- 11:10 - What’s lacking in England?
- 12:40 - Hitting Agenda 2021 targets?
- 15:03 - The financial grants available to independent artists.
- 16:10 - The most visited page on their website - The Funding Wizard Tool.
- 19:49 - There are so many different avenues for funding.
- 19:57 - Getting help for applying for funding.
- 21:00 - Help Musicians Develop
- 23:30 - Helping recognisable bands. The Staves, JP Cooper
- 25:23 - Helping more established artists.
- 26:22 - HMUK: Fusion
- 32:49 - HMUK x MOBO Trust
- 35:20 - Getting away from a written application form.
- 38:00 - Can Music Make You Sick Report
- 44:50 - Dedicated 24/7 service to Mental Health.
- 45:53 - A mental health guide with the MMF
- 46:32 - How to get involved with HMUK
- 49:29 - PRSF
- 52:53 - Book: Lean In
- 59:00 - What is a successful artist?
Listen to the interview
Below is one of our favourite podcasts from recent months. We think it's super insightful and can really help a new musician looking for tips or hoping to gain a new understanding of promotion, self-management and music business. Don't forget, you can watch these on the go via iTunes or Stitcher too.
You may also like...
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more.