#29 - How We Got Our Music On Spotify & iTunes - The Reload Team
Episode 29 - At Reload we always champion the unsigned, independent musician and even though we have over 300 live sessions on YouTube we want to reach new audiences and share our music featuring emerging talent with new listeners. It made sense to make the jump to Spotify and iTunes and so that's exactly what we've done. We have uploaded our first album of 19 songs featuring covers, originals and some of our favourite performances from the past year. In this episode we discuss how you can get your music on a streaming platform.
These times are estimates
- 01:10 - Reload Playlist on Spotify
- 02:30 - Josh’s favourite session: Cecil’s Cover
- 03:33 - Peppe’s favourite session: Kadeem Tyrell’s Cover
- 04:26 - Lauren Ray’s Reload Session: Cover & Original
- 05:20 - Different distributors available
- 05:40 - The process of putting music up on Spotify
- 07:22 - Distrokid.com
- 08:26 - Comprehensive guide to uploading your music
- 08:50 - Distrokid discount code
- 10:40 - Spotify for Artists.
- 13:00 - Costs for distributing
- 16:16 - Is iTunes dead?
Listen to the interview
Below is one of our favourite podcasts from recent months. We think it's super insightful and can really help a new musician looking for tips or hoping to gain a new understanding of promotion, self-management and music business. Don't forget, you can watch these on the go via iTunes or Stitcher too.
You may also like...
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more