Episode 19 - Best selling author Friedemann Findeisen from Holistic Songwriting joined us on the podcast to talk about what he does and how he learned to dissect songs, break them down and look at their individual elements. His book, The Addiction Formula, has helped musicians and songwriters worldwide find a rhythm to the songwriting process and Friedemann spoke with us about how he's able to critique music and use that feedback to better not only the music he makes but the music his viewers make too.
- 2:41 - Who you are and what you do
- 3:28 - Holistic Songwriting Channel
- 3:47 - Book: The Addiction Formula Book
- 4:56 - What kind of music you used to listen to growing up?
- 6:21 - Jeff Rona & his piece of advice
- 9:54 - The Artist Series
- 11:57 - Marketing Strategies
- 13:33 - Side Projects
- 15:31 - How Sharing has opened up doors
- 18:12 - Networking Principles
- 19:09 - Advice for networking as a songwriter
- 21:38 - Book: So Good They Can't Ignore You by Cal Newport
- 23:59 - Favourite video of the 'Artist Series' - Bruno Mars & Adele
- 25:43 - All about engagement and finding a niche. Book: Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- 28:22 - Favourite Songwriters and Musicians - Avishai Cohen & Ibrahim Maalouf
- 34:61 - Why do you like Drake?
- 38:01 - Is versatility important for a songwriter?
- 42:08 - Rookie errors for songwriters
- 45:37 - Feedback Friday
- 48:28 - What makes a successful artist
- 49:28 - The element of chaos & formula - Abstract: The Art of Design on Netflix
- 51.50 - How to connect
Listen to the interview
Below are two of our favourite podcasts from recent months. We think they're both super insightful and can really help a new musician looking for tips or hoping to gain a new understanding of promotion, self-management and music business. Don't forget, you can watch these on the go via Itunes or Stitcher too.