#39 - The Next Generation of Music Industry Leaders - Chris Carey
Today's episode is with Chris Carey, the founder of the influential music business conference known as FastForward. For those of you that don’t know about FastForward, it is a conference aimed at connecting the next generation of music industry leaders. If you’re serious about working in the music industry you have to get yourself to one of these conferences. In today’s interview, Chris talks about the influential speakers that attend his conferences as well as the importance of networking. He goes on to talk about how one of his conferences helped an aspiring artist find his future job and that it’s all about being proactive in your career.
The following times are estimates.
- 02:11 - Who is Chris Carey and what has he done.
- 03:13 - Music Economist first.
- 04:08 - What is FastFoward
- 04:38 - How does FastForward helps artists have a sustainable career?
- 04:17 - Why is networking so important?
- 05:45 - Speakers at the event.
- 07:38 - Most favourite speaker.
- 09:04 - Favourite topic covered.
- 09:48 - How the music industry can learn from the gaming industry.
- 10:59 - Advice to a young artist right now.
- 12:48 - FastForward YouTube Channel.
- 13:26 - FM2U Conference.
- 14:48 - When the next show is.
- 15:26 - Jake Isaac networking example.
- 16:10 - Advice that was given to Chris.
- 17:02 - An artist shared recently.
- 17:31 - What is a successful artist?
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more
Creating opportunities for independent artists to be seen & heard.
Sign up to our mailing list to stay up to date on all the latest news, tips and special offers to help you get noticed.