#40 - A £1000 Cash Prize Competition for Emerging Artists - The Coffee Music Project.
Today’s interview is all about The Coffee Music Project, which is an international live music artist competition that showcases emerging musicians whilst raising valuable funds for the charity Project Waterfall. It takes place annually in London, New York and LA, with the winning artist getting their hands on £1000, a trip to one of the other cities where the competition is held and £1500 spending money. Sam and Rochelle are partners and helped create The Coffee Music Project and Daisy Chute was last year’s winner at the London competition. All three of them joined the podcast and it was nice to get insight from the admin level down to the artist level.
The following times are estimates.
- 02:47 - How Sam got involved with The Coffee Music Project.
- 07:20 - The Cameo Sessions.
- 08:52 - Being partners with CMP.
- 09:12 - What is The Coffee Music Project?
- 10:12 - Daisy Chute - Winner of CMP.
- 10:34 - How it felt to win the competition.
- 11:42 - How Daisy found CMP.
- 15:02 - The competition rules.
- 20:22 - The judges on The CMP.
- 25:52 - The criteria booklet for the judges.
- 28:12 - The audience vote.
- 29:07 - The cash prize.
- 31:12 - Advice to the artist for next year's competition.
- 31:50 - How Daisy came across CMP.
- 35:02 - Advice with the cash prize.
- 36:24 - Project Waterfall.
- 43:32 - London's on Fire.
- 44:52 - How do artists get involved.
- 47:12 - Advice that was given.
- 48:52 - Artists shared.
- 50:32 - What is a successful artist?
Subscribe to the podcast
Click below for more
Creating opportunities for independent artists to be seen & heard.
Sign up to our mailing list to stay up to date on all the latest news, tips and special offers to help you get noticed.